Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Southern Gem

I love small towns, especially small Southern towns. I love them so much that I chose to get married at my parents home in Arkansas instead of Arizona. They live on 5 beautiful green acres. Nature isn't the only draw for me. It's the food too. I just visited one of my favorite eateries a few weeks ago, Cotham's Mercantile. They are home to the famous "Hub Cap" hamburger. Why is it called "Hub Cap" you may ask. These hamburgers really are as big as an old hubcap from an automobile. Sound like this may push your diet overboard? Split one with a friend, but don't forget the fried green tomatos and sweet tea. They're a must! This restaurant is minutes from the Little Rock airport. Fly in for a day or weekend getaway. For more information on what to do in Arkansas just e-mail us.

Cotham's Mercantile

"Where the Elite Meet to Eat"

Open Mon-Thurs 11am-2pm

Friday-Sat 11am-8pm


Most expensive entree's:

Five piece fried catfish dinner $11.99

Hub Cap Jalapeno cheesburger 8.99


Daily Specials:

Fried Pork Chops, Homemade Chicken & Dumplings, Homemade Meatloaf and Southern Fried Chicken


Extras:

Fried Green Tomatos $3.49

Large Onion Rings $3.89

Hushpuppies $1.49

Cornbread $.49

No comments: