Saturday, October 6, 2007

Do It Yourself Wedding Favors


Whew! My feet are killing me. I just returned from this morning's wedding, the wedding of John and Jing. (I will have pictures for you in the near future) It was such a beautiful day that I would actually call it a perfect wedding day. It was cool but sunny with a light breeze. After summer weddings with melting make-up, cakes, favors and wilting flowers to contend with I couldn't be happier with today's outcome. I love seeing couples add personal touches to their wedding. John & Jing are of Chinese decent and they did a lovely job mixing Western tradition with their Chinese heritage. When guests signed in they had a beautiful red and gold box with favors. Each favor was determined by the birth year of each guest. My symbol was a snake. I opened my package and was told that I "am wise and intense with a tendency toward physical beauty, yet also vain and high tempered and that the Rooster and Ox are my best signs. Lucky for me my husband is an Ox :) Who knew! I loved this special touch and so did the guests. I was also inspired by the Today Show's wedding, this past Friday, featuring Arizona's own Jessica and Codey. Jessica loves saltwater taffy so the guests had Tiffany green salt water taffy simply packaged in parchment paper with a personalized seal. How easy is that?!! Now that the weather is cooler try to make homemade chocolates for your guest favors. You can buy molds at Michael's or Wal-Mart. Get your bridal party together and make your own chocolate favors and treat yourselves by licking the spoons! Enjoy every moment of the process.

No comments: